junho 28, 2013

The Brazilian super berry - açaí

Tiny berry, super food. Sambazon

Ah-sigh-ee is how you should pronounce the name of this Brazilian berry, açaí. Yes, it comes directly from Amazon rainforest. Yes, it helps people there how is living in peace with the forest. No, people don't start dancing samba after drinking it. Neither being talkative as a Brazilians. Although it's very energetic and full of antioxidants.

But of course I was jumping for joy the day I've found it in a grocery near home. And I've bought the last 4 packs I've seen there. The cashier had no idea what was buying and asked me "what the hell is that?" After my explanation about the antioxidants he still had a weird looking for me and my purple packs.

Here in the US people use the fruit of a palm as smoothie, with water and drinking in a cup. In Brazil people blend with banana, guarana and honey. Granola and strawberries as decoration for serving in a bowl + spoon. Both ways are delicious.

Because I'm Brazilian, living in the US I do half of both. Blending with banana, water and honey to start my summer day.

Antioxidants comparision:

More:
- Amino acid complex aid in muscle regeneration
- Omega 6 and 9 improve cholesterol levels
- Fatty acids to help absorb and transport vitamins A, E, D and K
- Good source of fiber
- Helps cardiovascular system
- Combats premature aging
- Helps fight heart disease

--
Isabela: Brazilian, designer, works with automotive fabrics in the US. She did psychology college as well and had enjoyed a lot. She is living abroad for while, maybe because this she likes trends, cultures and behaviors.

DISCLAIMER
All material on this CORN FREE session is intended for reference only and should not take place of medical advice from a license practitioner. Please use common sense, do your own research, and consult your physician when making decisions about your health.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Leave your comments here.