agosto 10, 2013

How make sure you'll watch whales?

A whale taking a subway in NYC.

In my last trip to San Diego I did a boat tour to watching whales. They guarantee you will see whales there. I have to confess, I was skeptical about it. They also said something about dolphins, seals, sea lion, but I was so interested in the whales that I didn't hear much about the others.

How they can make sure I will meet whales?

Well, I will tell you everything I know about this great deal.

1st is the research to know exactly where the big animals will be.


- Researches about the whales’ behaviors could predict they are in Alaska for 4 month in every year just feeding with krill. The other 4 months they are travelling back and forward from Alaska to California and Mexico for socialization and delivering babies. Now you know where you will be able to find them.

The whales trip from Alaska to California.

When you will find them? The season for watching whales is from December thru April. So, take a note.

2nd marketing to explain and do exactly right to make sure the client will see whales.


- They have many different tours, but I'll say, this here has 2 tours a day. In the morning and afternoon, it’s improving your chance to watch the grey whale. But let's say you chose to go in the morning tour, and you didn't see anything. Don't worry; they will give you another ticket to go back in the afternoon tour until you meet the whales.

My tickets for whale watching.

Even more, the crew is expert enough to understand if they are close or not. They do have communication with other boats, and the American Coast Guard. Everything together, makes the difference.

In our tour, the loud wow had meaning somebody had seeing the spray. The boat stayed there for 5 more minutes, but the Capitan decided go far away. Why he didn't stay there? Because they know after breathing (spray), whales can be submerse for 40 minutes until go up again.

We went off shore to try another group and we meet whales, many of them. Always a couple, mother and kid, or just mom and dad. How you will know if they were not the same you've seeing before? It’s because all tails are different (unique).


Of course I saw dolphins, sea lions and seals close to the boat. It’s a family memory forever.



This photo shows mom and baby whales.
I was so excited seing them that I couldn't take a better photo.

--
Isabela: Brazilian, designer, works with automotive fabrics in the US. She did psychology college as well and had enjoyed a lot. She is living abroad for while, maybe because this she likes trends, cultures and behaviors.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Leave your comments here.