junho 28, 2016

Zika virus awareness

I had a delayed flight coming back home a few weeks ago, and this is what I found in a corner of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.


Don't let this bad bug bite you.

Heading to one of these countries?

All central and South America except Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Peru.

- Use EPA-registered insect repellents containing DEET.
- Use while you travel for the three weeks after returning home.
- Wear protective clothing (long sleeves, long pants, and socks).
- Stay in place with air conditioning or window or door screen.
- Sleep under a mosquito net.

Find out what it takes to stop Zika.
Please visit dph.georgia.gov/zika


It's a good way to spread the word about these types of mosquitoes, although a few things don't seem likely to do. For example, I can't stop picturing American ladies wearing long sleeves, pants, and socks in a summertime on a tropical country. If you make it, could you send me a photo, please? Now, shall we move on? lol

Above is how the mosquito looks like on the airport sign, but this is how it looks like in real life. On my arm, yesterday in South Carolina. Very scary, even for a Brazilian lady!

I was lucky enough to kill it before it could bites me. Now I hope those American mosquitoes don't carry Zika virus.

Anyway, thinking of my friends who don't know much about it, I decided to help with some tips to aware you all of this bad guy next door.

This chart is a translation from National Geographic Brasil website.
It's in Portuguese, of course!

Anyway, you should do what it takes to miss this mosquito. It also can transmit you Dengue, and Chikungunya.

Take care.

One more website to visit, Zika.org.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Leave your comments here.