janeiro 16, 2019

Best keto bread ever!


When I used to cook for fun I've never have a lot of success baking bread. Of course, the situation got worse after going gluten, dairy, sugar, and yum free.
 
Eventually I buy an Udi's gluten free bread from those freezers we find at any healthier grocery store in the US. They are fine, don't get me wrong, but they have a few ingredients I'm not sure if they are good for me. For example the xantham gum, and the canola oil I supposed to avoid eating.
 
Today I'll share the gluten, dairy, soy, corn, sugar free recipe that made me keto bread-happy again. Let's start with dry ingredients:
 
1 1/4 cup almond flour
5 tablespoons psyllium husks powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
herbs to - I didn't use them, but you can try some
 
Mix all above. Pre heat the conventional oven to 350' F (180' C). Prepare the baking sheet. I used a lite bit of avocado oil on it. Add in the order below all the wet ingredients.
 
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar - you can try white vinegar too
1 1/4 boiling water - still don't know how to hand mix it without burning my hands...
3 egg whites
 
The consistency seams great before you add the egg whites, but keep mixing them softly until you get a nice play-doh (It's a bit sticky for me). Moist you hands, or not (I don't) to make 8-12 balls. Other shapes can be done - hot dog, or a traditional French bread.
 
Now is time to sprinkle some herbs, sesame, papule seeds, etc.
 
Bake on lower rack for 50-60 minutes (I did 50, but left in there until it cool down a little). No need to leave the bread to rest before it goes to oven.
 
When you hear a hollow sound of them tapping the bottom of the bun they are done.
 
Serve with butter, or other yummy stuffing from your preference. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.

Let me know in the comments if it worked for you too.

Hubby has no problem with butter, so that's his suggestion.
Spicy pepper, butter, olive oil, and salt. Yumm =9

 

Um comentário:

  1. It's really good!
    But it's not keto friendly when added cranberries... :-)

    ResponderExcluir

Leave your comments here.